Corrina's Travels..

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The last of Paklencia

The girls at the log cabin/cafe right before the end of the trail it had been a very full days hiking by this point! They had an outdoor fire stove which was producing some incredible looking sausage hamburger open sandwiches which really made me regret the two bannana sandwiches and chocolate that had been my comparitively BORING lunch!
The very globular formations found inside Paklencias chilly caves there was also the conventional Stalactites and mites and a huge congolmeration of the two known as the Organ for visually obvious reasons!
bit of a lopsided /arty shot of the trial where we hiked up.. the stubbly mountaineous ladnscape is often used as the setting for supposed westerns
At the top finally! near the entrance to the caves
going up..


I didnt realise how much the trip from Croatia to Istanbul has been a shadow over my sunny roads of travel until I finally arrived in this surprising city and was finally able to shake that thunder cloud always threatening rain! .. My trepedations about this rather more dubious part of my nine month trip were something I had shushed with words like adventure and expierence while quietly I was packing myself. Then came the miraculous disocvery of a fellow traveller Simone whos plans matched mine perfectly - I didnt have to face it alone! It could even be as id been describing it to everyone else- fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home